Monday, January 25, 2010

Ok

3 weeks of double brunches. My body is mad at me. I don't know how he does it, the usual guy... But he will be back next week, so it's just my Saturdays, which are never as busy. So far at least. They may get busier. So many ideas for shaving off minutes, not sure how many will work. I hope the new things we put in place will go smoothly without me and actually be a help.

Went to a party on Saturday. Ate way over my calorie budget but I think way less than I would normally at a party like that in the past. I didn't restrict myself too harshly but definitely gave more consideration to everything and how much I wanted it. Went up a pound and was pretty bummed out. Was semi bummed already just after the party adding it all up (my best guesses anyway) and then to have it confirmed the next morning was a pinch. Ate a lot less today, so over the week I think it kind of balances out overall.

This is not how I want to be, haggling and obsessing about every little thing. Moping because I want to drink juice but it doesn't seem worth it when I have so little a budget. I know it won't be like this forever ever, that the beginning there have to be some sacrifices to get it all going, but I also want it to be sustainable. It can't be about deprivation forever. Geesh, it has only been 2 full weeks.... Pity party!!

I think being exhausted/depleted makes it harder right now. I am used to recharging /soothing/nurturing with food and I don't have that crutch so much any more. I did manage to take a bath and a nap after work today, maybe that was a good shift?

Balance, balance, balance. All about finding it. I needed the $ this month, so I took on a bit more physical stuff than usual. But now I think I'll need at least 1 visit to the chiro, so that's what? 3 or 4 hrs of work? Hummmmm. Exercise is good for me, but 2 days in a row of 6-8 hours on my feet is rough, especially after the adrenaline of getting the orders out wears off. Better to spread it out. Anyway, yeah, he's back next week.

No comments: