Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Interesting idea

I was talking with my friend who I have been helping out as a caretaker about guitar and how I struggle with getting myself to practice, how I couldn't figure out what was my deal with that.

She suggested to try just practicing, and rather than squash those rebellious or guilty or whatever feelings, just allow them to come - feel them through, let them play out. Rather than trying to think it out with the intellect, that rebellious side might actually provide information about "why?" from an emotional standpoint if I allow it to speak. And whether I then work it through intellectually or emotionally, it may not matter because the energy just needs to be shifted and the WAY it gets shifted isn't as important as the shifting.

It sounds like a really good way to approach this, and certainly different from the same old, same old, which hasn't gotten me anywhere yet, has it?

Now comes the actual getting myself to sit down and do it... heh

In any case, her depth of clarity and insight continually inspire me. What a blessing to learn so much while helping her get around town and get things done around the house. We are both helping each other quite a lot I think. Pretty cool.

P.S. Making the bed every day is working! Plus I just feel good when I walk by and see it all orderly looking. :-)

No comments: